Hey blog world! I made an attempt at doing today’s daily post. I had to write a post in 10 minutes. I’d done it twice before (see Peanut and 10 Minute Post) so I thought I could do it again. I said in Skeets, Snobs and Peppermint Knobs that I could remember every Spirit of Newfoundland show I’d seen in chronological order but that was a blog post for another time so I thought that this post would be that time! I tried my best to do it but ran out of time before I could complete the list. I had so much written and didn’t want to put it in the trash bin since I’d worked so hard so I figured I’d continue on anyway! Here’s my list of all 12 of the Spirit of NL shows I’ve been to plus a little description of each!
- “Viva Lost Elvis”: Starring Steve Power, Sheila Williams, Natalie Noseworthy and Darin Martin. I was at the busker festival that day and got music notes painted on my face to see the show. I loved it! It was funny! Two Newfie girls set out to get pictures with the most Elvis impersonators so they could get to do the weather with Toni-Marie Wiseman.
- “Little Hooping Harbor”: I can’t remember the cast or plot since it was so long ago but I do remember that it was really cute!
- “ABBA: Gotta Get The Scoop”: Starring Peter Halley, Shelley Neville, Sabrina Roberts and Darrin Martin. I remember every vivid detail of this show! Even what I was wearing LOL! This show has the most meaning to me because it was the night I met Peter Halley! The show was incredible and the food was as well.
- “Go Duet Yourself“: Starring Peter Halley, Shelley Neville, Sheila Williams and Darrin Martin: This show was a lot of fun! My favorite part was when Peter was Kenny Rogers LOL! I gave Peter a belated Birthday card before this show and he gave me a hug! I loved that!
- “Beatles: Back In The N.F.L.D“: Starring Peter Halley, Shelley Neville, Darrin Martin and Sheila Williams. A Newfoundland tribute to the Beatles. We got to see Darrin in a dress in this show LOL! He looked good.
- “Christmas Around The World“: Starring Dana Parsons, Michael Power, Sandra Sandoval and Keith Power. I saw this show with my Dad and a few friends for my Birthday supper. It was a lovely evening. The meal was very good and the show was too. The music was phenomenal and the show was hilarious! At times it was also very touching. Christmas Reflections from Around the Bay was my favorite part.
- The Christmas luncheon: Starring Janet Cull. This was a bit of a more relaxed show. We had a lovely buffet and enjoyed Janet Cull perform Christmas songs backed by a jazz trio. My favorite part of this show was when I got to sing “The Mummers Song” (for part two click here!)
- “ABBA: Gotta Get The Scoop“: Starring Peter Halley, Shelley Neville, Keith Power and Janet Cull. I had such an incredible time the first time around and this show means so much to me so I just knew I had to go back and see it again. It was even better the 2nd time around!
- Mother’s Day brunch: Starring Peter Halley and Sheila Williams. Another more relaxed show. We had a delicious buffet brunch and Peter and Sheila sang us some beautiful songs. My favorite part of this show was getting to sing with Peter! We sang “Think Of Me” from “Phantom of the Opera” and we both forgot the words! Other than that we both did an incredible job!
- “Skeets, Snobs and Peppermint Knobs“: Starring Jeff Simms, Erin Winsor, Keith Power and Dana Parsons.This was quite the milestone show since my Spirit attendance had now reached double digits. I absolutely loved it! Seeing Ruby Brace was one of my favorite parts. I also loved “The Smoke Room on the Kyle”.
- the Bowring park centennial celebration: Starring Peter Halley, Darrin Martin, Sheila Williams, Shelley Neville and special guests. This show made me happy! It was a wonderful celebration of the park’s hundred years. The singing was incredible and the acting was very well done. The re-enactments were cool!
- “Go Duet Yourself“: Starring Peter Halley, Darrin Martin, Sheila Williams and Shelley Neville. Again I had so much fun the first time around I had to come back a 2nd time. I loved singing and dancing along to al the songs. My favorite part was as I said above Peter being Kenny Rogers.
Have you ever been to a Spirit of Newfoundland show? Which one? Did you enjoy it? Tell me in the comments! I’ll leave you tonight with my favorite line from the “Spirit of Newfoundland” song. “It doesn’t matter where you come from, doesn’t matter where you’ve been. It’s our spirit and our culture that keeps us all within one big family together that is powered from above. We are rich no matter what we owe we have each other’s love.”