Hey blog world! My friend E.M wrote a post on her blog about how she likes to keep herself entertained! Here it is http://ejmsmiles.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/how-i-entertain-myself/! I liked that post so I thought I’d do it too! Here’s what I like to do to entertain myself!
- Play video games: I love playing video games! It’s so much fun! Also some of them are a great stress release! Sometimes when I’m angry I play “Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs” on my Wii and kill gummi bears (my favorite way is picking them up with the Forkamajigger, dropping them in chili and listening to them squeal as they burn (insert evil laugh here!)) I know it sounds cruel but it’s fun to do!
- Draw/color: I like drawing and coloring! They’re both lots of fun! I get to color almost every day in school! There are 2 kids in the challenging needs unit who I color with sometimes during lunch! We have so much fun doing that!
- Fill Ins: A fill in is like a crossword but different. Instead of using clues to figure out what words you write on the crossword your given the words and you have to figure out where they go. It’s challenging but I like it. It’s a great way to relax!
- Jigsaw puzzles: I love doing jigsaws! I’ve got lots of them! The biggest I’ve done so far is 1000 pieces! They can be difficult but the hard work is definately worth it!
- Play piano: I’ve been playing piano for years! I think I started when I was 5 but I’m not sure. I have a piano in my house and from time to time I like sitting down and playing some music. I have lots of music books that I use to play songs but sometimes I like to just sit down and fiddle around with the keys until I play something! By doing this I’ve taught myself “Hallelujiah” by Leonard Cohen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q and “Who’s Gonna Fill Their Shoes” by George Jones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi3GgoLtlWk!
- Read: I’ve got dozens of books on my Kobo and on my bookshelf. I like the “Diary Of A Wimpy Kid” series, the “Captain Underpants” series “A Smile As Big As The Moon” by Mike Kersjes, “All By Myselves Walter, Peanut, Achmed and Me” by Jeff Dunham and I’m in the middle of “Hamish X and the Cheese Pirates” by Sean Cullen right now and it’s super funny!
- Listen To Music: I have an iPod touch and I love listening to music on it! Some of my favorite singers are Chris De Burgh, Rod Stewart, Elton John, Reba McCentire, Brad Paisley and Loretta Lynn!
- Watch TV: I spend a lot of time watching TV. There are so many good shows on! Some of my favorite are “Mystery Diners” (on Food Network), “Baggage” (on GSN), “Scrubs” (on ABC Spark), “Spongebob Squarepants” (on YTV and Nickelodian), “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” (on TLC) and “Match Game” (on the Comedy Network.)
- Play board games: Sometimes my family and I will sit together at the Kitchen Table and play board games or cards! Some of our favorite games to play are “The Logo Board Game” (we play in teams and it’s usually Mom and me against Dad and my Neice and Mom and I win most of the time), Scrabble, Queens (that’s a card game), Monopoly, Cranium and Headbanz!
- Karaoke: I like doing this by myself and with friends! Two friends I like doing karaoke with are E.M and L.B! Whenever they come over we always do karaoke and we’re awesome at it! I also like doing karaoke with my friend H.M. We do karaoke on skype all the time and also once I came over to her house and we sang karaoke! That was fun! My favorite songs to karaoke to are “Tonight Tonight” by Hot Chelle Rae http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzlNFcT2aOE, “Patricia The Stripper” by Chris De Burgh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOys46oZZJI, “Honky Tonk Angels” by Kitty Wells http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKleTa94dC8 and “Squirrels In My Pants” by Phineas and Ferb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OID7gA8fcaw!
- Squeeze Peanut’s hand: I have a talking Peanut doll that my Dad got for me when we went to see Jeff Dunham last month! When you squeeze it’s right hand it talks! Sometimes when I’m bored I like picking up Peanut, squeezing his hand and listening to him talk. I love it when he makes chicken noises and also when he says “Jeff fa fa Dunham dot com!”
What do you like to do to entertain yourself? Tell me in the comments!